The Fundamentals of Leadership Still Haven’t Changed.
Their conclusion from research and from their own years of experience as leadership and organizational advisers was, that the best leaders with the most outsize impact almost always deploy these six classic fundamental practices:
Six classic, fundamental practices:
2. building a strategy for achieving the vision by making choices about what to do and what not to do;
3. attracting and developing the best possible talent to implement the strategy;
4. relentlessly focusing on results in the context of the strategy;
5. creating ongoing innovation that will help reinvent the vision and strategy; and
6. “leading yourself”: knowing and growing yourself so that you can most effectively lead others and carry out these practices.