7 Simple Ways To Create A Healthy Workspace Culture
You’ve heard the saying “you are a product of your environment”… and most of the time it’s true. That’s why having a healthy workplace culture is so important to us here at WorkCompass.
Most of us spend 40 hours a week at work, and we are around our coworkers more than our own family during the week. It’s important for an organization to invest in its people to ensure they are happy and inspired—it’s just the right thing to do.
So how exactly can you promote a healthy workplace culture? Let’s break it down in 7 simple steps:
- Fully commit to developing your people and make sure they feel valued
- Ensure workers have variety and challenges in their work and are inspired to achieve growth. Dull, repetitive, and routine work provides zero opportunity for people to grow—professionally and personally
- Encouraging fellowship with coworkers, having fun work events like a ping-pong tournament, or an incentive for meeting a company-wide goal (ice cream party anyone?)
- Allow people freedom to create and form their own ideas
- Even better… make sure their ideas are actually heard and considered by management
- Hand over the reigns. Allowing employees to have more control over their work lives = happiness (aka, no micromanaging)
- Leaders encourage your employees to develop them to become leaders, and don’t be afraid to help them grow in their careers
Giving people more control over their time and how their work gets done leads to a healthier well being. If you haven’t noticed, the theme here is freedom. The more people enjoy where they work, they more they will thrive and do awesome things for the company. If you don’t have a healthy workplace culture, be the change! Positivity, love, and kindness always win. #EmployeeLivesMatter
Denis Coleman is the founder and CEO of Work Compass, a cloud staff performance collaboration software platform that helps teams align their efforts with strategic goals and continuously improve performance. Frustrated with the disconnect between strategy setting and day to day execution and the lack of tools available to managers to help them be great at their most important function …. Aligning their teams activities with strategic goals and actively managing for high performance Denis spent over 5 years researching strategy execution and performance management practices before founding Work Compass to create a software solution. Denis has held senior roles in Ireland, Czech Republic and North America with high performing electronics manufacturing and professional services organisations for more than 12 years. Denis has worked as Finance Director responsible for €800 million in annual revenues for Flextronics International, Key Account Manager responsible for annual revenues of more than €600 million for Dovatron International and Management Consultant for BDO one of Europe’s most successful professional services providers.